The base criteria for a league wanting to achieve The FA Charter Standard League award are:
- 60 percent of all teams in the league are FA Charter Standard Clubs and to hit 100 per cent within two years of attaining the award. New teams joining a CSL have a year to become an FA Charter Standard Club.
- Divisions in youth leagues should contain of no more than 12 teams.
- The League must have a development plan that reflects the needs of its member clubs/teams.
- The league must use a web-based results/fixtures/tables system, preferably FULL-TIME (although this is not mandatory).
- Work towards a League Development Plan
Please find further information here.