New teams are regularly set up to meet demand. Before embarking on forming a new team, ask yourself the following questions:
• Are there enough potential players?
• Are there enough volunteers to take care of club organisation and admin?
Below are a few things clubs should think about to set up a new club:
- Select club name and colours
- Appoint club officials
- Write club constitution and organise Annual General Meeting
- Affiliate with your local County Football Association and the league you wish to enter
- Produce a list of running costs
- Understand the rules of competitions you wish to enter
- Familiarise yourself with Safeguarding Children rules if running a team including under-18s or vulnerable adults
- Obtain adequate insurance
- Purchase suitable kit and equipment
- Hire pitches for matches and training
- Raise fund and set up a club bank account
- Notify members of fixtures and liaise with opposition
For further information and advice on setting up a new club, please click here. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.